[CentOS] Centos 6.3 - which repos to use?

Fri Jan 25 22:17:05 UTC 2013

Nikolaos Milas wrote:
> On 25/1/2013 11:28 μμ, Leon Fauster wrote:
>
>> not the CentOS(-Team) but the user it self is risking this …
<snip>
> You must balance availability of features, stability, manageability,
> security, package dependencies, application/service deployment and
> maintenance and more.
<snip>
> As a simple example, if there is a requirement to run OpenLDAP *as a
> server* on a CentOS OS, the sysadmin MUST find *how* to run the latest
> version (which is the only "approved" one for OpenLDAP server
> deployments by the OpenLDAP project). Deploying OpenLDAP using the
> packages available by either CentOS 5 or 6 repos is unacceptable.

Ah, but "the latest" is a) a moving target, and b) not what I would ever
use in a development or production environment, nor at home, unless I
really did want to spend time debugging the system. In fact, I'd normally
*NOT* ever install an x.0 release - I always wait for at least x.0.1 or
x.1, so that all the bugs found by the early adopters have mostly been
squashed.

        mark