[CentOS] Centos 6.3 - which repos to use?

Sat Jan 26 22:06:24 UTC 2013
Mark LaPierre <marklapier at aol.com>

On 01/25/2013 04:22 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> James Freer wrote:

>>> I wouldn't agree with the priorities above. As I mentioned earlier in
>>> this thread, our standard repos, in addition to the base, are rpmfusion
> and
>>> epel. Other than *sigh* 386 vs x86_64 issues, we've never had dependency
>>> conflicts. It all just works. elrepo I use *only* for kmod-nvidia and
>>> its dependencies; I don't use rpmforge - I've tried, a few times, and
>>> frequently run into dependency conflicts.
>>
>> I was only thinking of rpmforge as it seems the only repo with Abiword
>> in it. For WP one has only got LO-writer or Abiword... i prefer the
>> lighter unless i need the features of LO-writer as i did when i was
>> teaching and preparing handouts.
>
> Watch out how you say that - my reaction on seeing you write WP is to
> wonder if they've *finally* put out a newer release of WordPerfect. (There
> *was* a linux version about 10-12 years ago, under Corel Linux).
>
>         mark

There was a WordPerfect included in Red Hat Linux around about release 5
or so.  To get it to work on later releases you had to install the
required dependency packages from the install CD along with the
WordPerfect package.  I bet it would still run on CentOS if you
installed it with it's dependency packages.

--
     _
    °v°