[CentOS] Centos 6.3 - which repos to use?

Sat Jan 26 22:51:46 UTC 2013
James Freer <jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com>

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 10:43 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 1/26/2013 2:06 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
>> There was a WordPerfect included in Red Hat Linux around about release 5
>> or so.  To get it to work on later releases you had to install the
>> required dependency packages from the install CD along with the
>> WordPerfect package.  I bet it would still run on CentOS if you
>> installed it with it's dependency packages.
>
> not if those dependencies, like an ancient version of libc, libX, etc,
> conflict with the much much newer versions in your RHEL/CentOS version.

Not sure how word perfect got into the thread. I used the letters WP
for word processing and now Word Perfect is being discussed - i found
it far from 'perfect' when i used it years ago and it never deserved
replacing Wordstar... whose keybinding is still preferred today by
writers (only reason to use Emacs really).

james