[CentOS] Centos 6.3 - which repos to use?

Mon Jan 28 07:40:25 UTC 2013
Bry8 Star <bry8star at yahoo.com>

Thank you very much, Johnny Hughes, Nikolaos Milas, (and others),
for nice explanation & example.

If ALL new apps/libs starts to change their API without backward
compatibility, then, definitely updating/upgrading core/base apps
would cause domino effect, like you have pointed out. Various apps
and libs are inter-dependent & inter-connected with each others.

But do all ALL apps, or, libs do really change ALL of their API set ?
My understanding is, some new APIs are added for new features, and
older same API gets more refined, and/or newer query or response
parameters are added behind the old existing query/response.

Do not developers (when coding for newer version), anticipate ? ...
that their app/lib will and may try to communicate with another
older or another advanced (with extra query fields) app/lib, so
based on that it need to provide answer (by adding extra new
response/parameters after the older API standard/parameters) or take
action ?!

I'm sure smart developers do really able to and do really code, so
that their app/lib does not fail to receive & answer when
interacting with an older app/lib or a newer app/lib.

If they(developers) purposefully does not honor backward
compatibility handling in their app/lib, that is kind of like,
forcing people to buy new computer/hardware for new Windows8.

Why apps/libs are getting bigger in src or in their binary size ?
with what ! ?

-- Bright Star.

Received from Nikolaos Milas, on 2013-01-27 4:56 PM: