[CentOS] skype not starting anymore, prelink issue?

Wed Jan 30 08:23:35 UTC 2013
wwp <subscript at free.fr>

Hello there!

I was running skype 4.1.0.20 on my 64-bit laptop for weeks (installed
in /opt, from an official skype binary archive, plus few 32-bit stuff
to get it working), when suddenly it stopped working, no way to start
it:

 $ skype
 Fatal: QWidget: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice
 Aborted

A quick search on the Internet brought some possible solution,
basically configuring prelink to skip skype binary, uninstall skype,
reinstall it. I was doubtful about uninstall/reinstall step since I
didn't install it using a RPM but from a binary archive. Anyway I did
it, restarted even the computer. No way to start skype.

For now I'm stuck w/ an former staticQT 4.0.0.8 version of skype, which
has no support for MSN accounts. Please note that I'm not using
skype+msn because I want, but because I need to (@work).

Did anybody ever solve this issue or has a clue about how to do it?

Regards,

--
wwp