[CentOS] Dovecot SLOW with sssd in centos 6

Mon Jul 1 18:49:45 UTC 2013
Louis Lagendijk <louis at fazant.net>

On Mon, 2013-07-01 at 12:34 +0200, FABIO FERRARI wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a big performance problem with a mail server using dovecot and
> authenticating users via ldap.
> The architecture of the machine is a local ldap and mysql server, they are
> used by dovecot for authenticating the mail users.
>
> If i use pam_sss the mail server has about 1/8 - 1/10 the performances it
> has if i use the pam_ldap.
What exactly does this mean? Is this dovecot performance or something
else?

> Even doing a 'time ls -l' on the mail tree (there are about 3000 ldap
> users in that directory) it is very very slow, the first time I try to do
> it after a reboot, it takes about 6 minutes with sssd, and about 8 seconds
> with ldap.

Did you specify enumerate = True in sssd.conf? This may cause delays
when you have many users in the directory...

Louis