[CentOS] libvirt hooks for startup and shutdown

Mon Jul 15 12:27:12 UTC 2013
Alexandru Chiscan <lec at chiscan.dnsalias.org>

On 07/15/2013 02:45 PM, AJH wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> could anyone tell me where are the hooks for libvirt/qemu/kvm?
>
> Read there:
> http://www.libvirt.org/hooks.html
did you actually read it?

<quote>
The libvirt hook scripts are located in the directory
|$SYSCONFDIR/libvirt/hooks/|.

  * *In Linux distributions such as Fedora and RHEL, this is
    **|/etc/libvirt/hooks/|*. Other Linux distributions may do this
    differently.
  * If your installation of libvirt has instead been compiled from
    source, it is likely to be |/usr/local/etc/libvirt/hooks/|.

To use hook scripts, you will need to create this |hooks| directory
manually, place the desired hook scripts inside, then make them executable.

    Script names

At present, there are three hook scripts that can be called:

  * |/etc/libvirt/hooks/daemon|

    Executed when the libvirt daemon is started, stopped, or reloads its
    configuration

  * |/etc/libvirt/hooks/qemu|

    Executed when a QEMU guest is started, stopped, or migrated

  * |/etc/libvirt/hooks/lxc|

    Executed when an LXC guest is started or stopped

</quote>

Lec

> I need the hooks for startup and stop at the Centos architecture.
>
> My version of libvirt:
> 0.9.10
>
> --
>
> thanks + bye ajh