[CentOS] run script on cron job only run on first Saturdat every month???

Tue Jul 30 21:05:10 UTC 2013

John R Pierce wrote:
> On 7/30/2013 1:43 PM, mcclnx mcc wrote:
>> we have CENTOS 5.5 on DELL server.  One of our script need run on first
>> Saturday every month.
>>
>>   We have following setup on cron job but it run every Saturday.
>>
>> 15 04 1-7 * 6 /home/app/oracle/backup/monthlybk.sh
>>
>>    Any one know how to fix it?
>
> I don't believe cron has any concept of the first day-of-week of each
> month, so you'll need to put some code into your script to exit if its
> NOT the first day-of-week of each month.

It certainly doesn't. However, I'm surprised the o/p's crontab entry
*doesn't* work: it should run only on Sat, and only on when it's somewhere
between the 1st and the 7th, which could only be the first Sat.

     mark