[CentOS] surveillance DVR

Wed Jul 31 16:09:26 UTC 2013
Brian Mathis <brian.mathis+centos at betteradmin.com>

If the camera is running on Windows, you can probably stream directly from
the device using ffmpeg.  See here for details:
    http://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/DirectShow
You would set the input as  the camera and the output as a file, and add
any codec options you want, etc...

I'm sure there's probably a similar mode for Linux.  If nothing else, you
can probe the camera to see what modes it supports, etc..., to make sure
you're picking one that works,

❧ Brian Mathis