[CentOS] Dovecot SLOW with sssd in centos 6

Mon Jul 1 22:59:33 UTC 2013

On 1/07/13 8:34 PM, FABIO FERRARI wrote:
> Even doing a 'time ls -l' on the mail tree (there are about 3000 ldap
> users in that directory) it is very very slow, the first time I try to do
> it after a reboot, it takes about 6 minutes with sssd, and about 8 seconds
> with ldap.

If this time lag only occurs at boot sssd maybe having trouble creating
or managing its cache.  Do subsequent ls commands run quicker once the
cache is established?

I've seen similar behaviour on some of my machines but I've got fewer
users and don't reboot often so I've never really chased the issue down.
 Particularly as the times drop to essentially zero after the first run.

Cheers,
-pete

--
Peter Brady