[CentOS] DL380g8 - smart array B320i - CentOS 6.4

John Doe jdmls at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 2 10:21:36 UTC 2013

From: John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

> On 7/1/2013 10:57 AM, Nathan Duehr wrote:
>>  DRM'ed server hardware.  Pure evil.
>
> why is that evil?   why should you pay for features you're not using?

Maybe we are in the end paying the "old full price" for the new limited features...
And when we want all the nice/mandatory features, we end up paying a lot more than the advertised price tag.
A bit like going to the restaurant in the US; you see it costs $20, but in the end (after the taxes and the mandatory tip) you end up paying extra
In the same vein as the almost free printers and the crazy priced cartridges.
etc...
Marketing marketing marketing...

JD