[CentOS] rpmbuild environment CentOS5 vs CentOS6

Kahlil Hodgson kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au
Tue Jul 2 22:03:51 UTC 2013

make sure you have rpmdevtools

    yum install rpmdevtools

then run

    rpmdev-setuptree

to setup the ~/rpmbuild tree structure

Hope this helps

Kahlil (Kal) Hodgson                       GPG: C9A02289
Head of Technology                         (m) +61 (0) 4 2573 0382
DealMax Pty Ltd                            (w) +61 (0) 3 9008 5281

Suite 1415
401 Docklands Drive
Docklands VIC 3008 Australia

"All parts should go together without forcing.  You must remember that
the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you.  Therefore,
if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason.  By all
means, do not use a hammer."  -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925