[CentOS] ClamAV user (was: what's wrong with dag.wieers?)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 22:04:09 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Tilman Schmidt
<t.schmidt at phoenixsoftware.de> wrote:

> I only experienced that when a system inadvertently switched between
> RPMforge and EPEL because I hadn't set up the excludes properly and
> the one I didn't want to use updated to a new ClamAV version before
> the other one.
>
> AFAIR RPMforge has always used user "clamav", and EPEL user "clam".

I've run into a few things over the years where I first used the
rpmforge version because a package wasn't in epel, then had it show up
in epel with the same name and a different configuration so they'd
break when the updates leapfrog each other.  Viewvc is the other one
that comes to mind.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com