[CentOS] Having difficulty exporting display

Yves S. Garret

yoursurrogategod at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 01:25:34 UTC 2013

Hi, sorry for the very long response, but to answer your question,
set | grep DISP outputs nothing.  I still can't get the display to
output.

This is what happens when I try to export firefox:
$ ssh someuser at somehostname.net firefox
someuser at somehostname.net's password:
Error: no display specified
$ ssh -X someuser at somehostname.net firefox