[CentOS] RedHat software collections and CentOS

Patrick Hurrelmann patrick.hurrelmann at lobster.de
Mon Jul 8 11:32:50 UTC 2013

On 08.07.2013 13:16, John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 06:57:08PM +0800, Earl Ramirez wrote:
>>
>> Atomic Corp [0] packages mysql-5-5, you can give them a try I have been
>> using their repo for over a year, however I only use them for mysql and
>> openvas-manager.
>
> If you want mysql-5.5 please consider using IUS; it's sane, it works
> with the base centos packages properly and it's properly maintained.
>
> Atomic should be avoided at all costs.
>
> More information can be found by following the relevant links at:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories

In my eyes, none of them are an option as they do overwrite and replace
base packages. The whole purpose of the mentioned software collections
is, that do now affect the base packages and can be installed in parallel.

Regards
Patrick

--
Lobster LOGsuite GmbH, Münchner Straße 15a, D-82319 Starnberg

HRB 178831, Amtsgericht München
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Martin Fischer, Rolf Henrich