[CentOS] postfix as default MTA

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Thu Jul 11 17:43:21 UTC 2013

Greg Bailey wrote:

>> If anyone knows of any documentation on the recommended CentOS setup
>> of postfix/dovecot with amavis, clamav and spamassassin
>> I should be grateful for a pointer.

> I've had good success installing spamass-milter-postfix from the EPEL
> repository, and then adding:
>
> smtpd_milters = unix:/var/run/spamass-milter/postfix/sock
>
> to /etc/postfix/main.cf, as instructed in
> /usr/share/doc/spamass-milter-postfix-0.3.2/README.Postfix
>
> I don't have any amavis stuff configured.

Thanks very much for your response.
I want to first try the combination recommended in centos.org
as I described.

I assume someone must run it, since it is recommended.
I must admit I don't see the point of amavis,
since as you say one can run spamassassin under postfix without it.

But if I cannot get this "official" setup working,
I'll go over to something like you suggest,
and will probably follow the document you mention.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net