[CentOS] How to get Centos to recognize a Motorola RAZR V3 as a USB device?

Rock Rocksockdoc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 12:41:47 UTC 2013

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 12:21:57 +0000, Woehrle Hartmut SBB CFF FFS (Extern)
wrote:

> it realizes the telephone part (modem and ISDN),
> but nothing about a storage device that you will need.

> When googling I found a user saying that "moto4lin" can be used to download photos
> (http://linuxgazette.net/134/misc/lg/talkback_133_tag_html.html)

Thanks.
At this point, it looks like my main options are:
a) Bluetooth
b) Moto4lin
c) kmobiletools

I'm going to try to figure out how to get Centos bluetooth working.

All I know at the moment is I've set it up using:
 System -> Preferences -> Bluetooth
 http://i39.tinypic.com/iz6hkw.png

And, I put the Motorola RAZR V3re in discoverable for 60 seconds mode
and then, on Centos, I've pressed the "setup" button and it came up
with a PIN which I typed on the Motorola cellphone:
 http://i40.tinypic.com/2niya04.png

But, that only happened the first time (and I can't repeat that process,
even after rebooting the Centos laptop).

I *think* I pressed all the right buttons; but I don't know what to do
next. Googling for "how to transfer files via bluetooth on Centos",
I find this file matters:

$ cat /proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth
REPORTS:
 status:		enabled
 commands:	enable, disable

So, bluetooth seems to be enabled. I think I'm just doing something wrong.