[CentOS] Back to gspca - semi-[SOLVED]

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Jul 17 15:40:32 UTC 2013

Patrick Lists wrote:
> On 07/17/2013 05:11 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Patrick Lists wrote:
>>> On 07/17/2013 03:24 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
<snip>
>>> I only have a gspca webcam in my laptop and it's broken so I can't
>>> really be of much help. The only thing I recall is that it did not work
>>
>> Ah. Y'know, you can pick up the things really cheaply - I think we got a
>> bunch of these little cameras a few years before I started here, and
>> *then* they were something like $10 or $20 each.
>
> This built-in gspca webcam is the only one I've had problems with. The
> more expensive Logitech ones always worked fine for me.
<snip>
> The laptop just got a fresh F19 install. I just wiggled the webcam after

Well, the redhat list would be a better place to discuss that... but FC19
was just released. As I said to my manager's student, unless you *really*
want to be an alpha or early beta tester, don't *EVER* install release
x.0, always wait for at least x.01 or x.1....

> starting Cheese and to my astonishment the green led lit up and Cheese
> showed something. The pic was very bad, interlaced and it seems to copy

Interlaced is usually a parameter you can change in a config option.

> everything 3 times horizontally while overlapping those images. I set it
> to 320x240 and no change. So also in F19 at least my gspca webcam is not
> working very well.

Which gspca driver is installed (lsmod | grep gspca)? And it might require
exporting LD_PRELOAD with v4lcompat.so or v4l2convert.so.

    mark

     mark