[CentOS] KDE frustrations, now

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Wed Jul 17 19:03:15 UTC 2013

So I d/l gqview from where I found the rpm, and installed it. It didn't
show in my kde menu, so I did something *really* dumb: I ran the kde menu
updater.

Now I can't lock my screen. Nothing at all happens. Nothing shows in
.xsession-errors, nothing shows in /var/log/messages.

I restored all of .kde/share from last night's backup... and the
screensaver still doesn't go, and leave->lock screen still doesn't work...
*and* gqview is still in my menu, which means that it's stored
*somewhere*. I even reinstalled kde, and kde-settings, and some libs, and
*still* no screensaver, and gqview's still on my menu. It's got to have
been changed somewhere.... Any clues?

        mark