[CentOS] When no MTA is installed, How to send an email with a cronjob?

Indunil Jayasooriya indunil75 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 10:18:32 UTC 2013

> > Can I send this email via SMTP server?
> >

> You don't.
>
> You would have had to gone to some effort to not have an MTA
> installed, as one is installed by default. Did you remove it (or
> simply not configure it)? [they basically work for localhost
> delivery without any changes.]

CentOS 6  64 bit, zimbra is running with multi server setup. One mailbox
and 2 mta servers.

on mailbox server where no mta is installed, I want to backup mailboxes
with a script. I have set it up to /etc/cron.d/backup file. After the
backup, I want to an email to be sent to admin account.

for the moment, I get an OUTPUT in this way. ( my /etc/cron.d/backup looks
like this )

35 13 * * * root /root/scripts/backup.sh > /tmp/backup.out 2>&1

I always login to the mailbox server and see the OUTPUT which is NOT so
PERFECT.

--
Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya