[CentOS] SELinux Question

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 09:46:58 UTC 2013

On 23 Jul 2013 07:42, "Ken Smith" <kens at kensnet.org> wrote:

> For some reason auditd wasn't running or enabled. I'm now seeing the
> messages I needed in /var/log/messages. I'm running bind chrooted and
> various other tweeks mean I need to set SELinux accordingly.

Bind chroot via the standard chroot package should just with with selinux...

Be careful that you don't just follow the audit.log blindly (eg audit2allow
-aM) but think through each but carefully...

I'd suggest starting for each exception with "is this already covered by a
boolean" and then double checking your file contexts before even
considering an additional custom module.