[CentOS] What on Centos is wiping out my eth0 IP address every 5 minutes?

Darr247 darr247 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 01:14:02 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-23 7:40 PM, Rock wrote:
> Q: Should I set the NM gateway to the IP address of the radio/router?

Yes. 192.168.1.20 should be fine if you're only using these settings to
get the nanobridge configured.

But why not just see what IP, Gateway and DNS Servers your home router
gives eth0 via DHCP and duplicate those settings statically? (presuming
it's also the 192.168.1.x /24 network)... most home routers can be
configured to reserve the same IP address for a particular MAC address
(makes port forwarding via a DDNS account a lot easier), so those static
settings wouldn't mess up your network if you didn't set eth0 back to DHCP.