[CentOS] run script on cron job only run on first Saturdat every month???

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 30 21:42:46 UTC 2013

>From: mcclnx mcc <mcclnx at yahoo.com.tw>

>we have CENTOS 5.5 on DELL server.  One of our script need run on first Saturday every month.
>
>We have following setup on cron job but it run every Saturday.
>
>15 04 1-7 * 6 /home/app/oracle/backup/monthlybk.sh
>
>Any one know how to fix it?

That's pretty clever, and it looks like it should work.
Maybe something is taking priority?
I'd try some experimentation.  Try:

15 04 1-7 <today.day.number> 6 touch /tmp/foo.test

15 04 1-7 <today.day.number> * touch /tmp/foo.test

15 04 1-7 * * touch /tmp/foo.test

15 04 * * 6  touch /tmp/foo.test

etc.
It might take a while, but you'll find it eventually!

I had a similar problem with Debian, but it turned out to be a weird timezone issue confusing me.