[CentOS] surveillance DVR

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Jul 31 15:33:16 UTC 2013

Arun Khan wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 8:10 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a DVR that runs Linux that does NOT USE Active-X,
>> and/or allows logging in directly?
>
> MythTV?  It has a web UI.

No joy, either this, nor zoneminder. Right now, we just have motion
running on the servers that have the USB cameras plugged in; after the
recent grief we had with the last upgrade to CentOS, when I wound up
moving one camera that just would not work - the top 10% of the screen was
fine, and the rest green, and the other I had to change the resolution to
240x360 to get it to not do that, my manager asked me to look into
appliances that we could manage from our servers.

We've found Zmodo, and another one, but with *both* of them, though the
DVR that comes with the set is running Linux, web control *REQURES* IE,
and you can't log in directly using ssh or telnet.

       mark