[CentOS] gspca - running out of ideas

Fri Jul 5 20:31:22 UTC 2013

For video capture from a USB camera, as near as I can tell, there's a
problem with the driver gspca_zc3xx with the latest update to the kernel.
All our cameras were working fine before the update to 2.6.32-358.11.1;
since, two cameras, both on fairly new Dell servers are screwed.
Meanwhile, on some older servers, same update, no problems.

Of the two bad ones, one's got AMD, and the other Intel Xeons.

Without any changes to the configuration file, I get about 10% to 15% at
the top ok, and everything below it is green. Googling, I find other folks
have had green screens over the years, so it's not just some color setting
on my workstation.

By adding /usr/lib64/libvdpau.so.1 to the LD_PRELOAD in
/etc/init.d/motion, I get the rest of the screen on the Intel box looking
like it works, but there's a slight yellowish tinge to the rest of the
screen, and when I watched what we see using
mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0
not only do I see the same, but we had someone walk in view of the
camera... and *only* that top little bit shows the motion; the other 80%
or 85% shows only what's there, and *not* the rest of the person.

I'd gone through doing an insmod ...gspca_zc3xx with force_sensor option,
and the only one that works is the same one it chooses itself if I just do
a modprobe.

Anyone have any ideas? I *really* can't reboot either of these servers so
as to bring them up with the previous kernel, since they're important.

         mark