[CentOS] Disabling user switching in CentOS 6

Mon Jul 8 19:31:36 UTC 2013
Vanhorn, Mike <michael.vanhorn at wright.edu>

Installing CentOS 6 on a lab full of workstations, and I want to disable
fast user switching. With CentOS 5, I simply made sure that the
"user_switch_enabled" entry in
/etc/gconf/schemas/gnome-screensaver.schemas was set to false. However,
that doesn't work with CentOS 6.

I've found various proposed solutions to this issue, such as

gconftool-2 --direct --config-source
xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory \
--type bool --set "/apps/gnome-screensaver/user_switch_enabled" "false"
gconftool-2 --direct --config-source
xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory \
--type bool --set "/desktop/gnome/lockdown/disable_user_switching" "true"

neither of which work, either. Does anyone know the proper way to disable
user switching with CentOS 6?

Thanks!

---
Mike VanHorn
Senior Computer Systems Administrator
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Wright State University
265 Russ Engineering Center
937-775-5157
michael.vanhorn at wright.edu