[CentOS] looking for a comprehensive list of centos-compatible yum repositories (for gnustep program)

Tue Jul 30 20:42:05 UTC 2013
Dan Hitt <dan.hitt at gmail.com>

I installed CentOS 6.4 on a partition on my computer a few days ago, and
i'm trying to equip it with the software i think i need.

For example, i need, or i think i need, a couple of gnustep programs
for uploading
images from my digital camera (the programs being openapp and Camera.app).

I imagine that these are old enough that they must surely exist
in rpms somewhere.

But i apparently don't know how to google around sufficiently well to locate
a repository that contains them, or even that contains packages that i
know exist as rpms.  For example: i'm certain that an rpm exists for
a package called gnustep-make, because its name popped up on
But if i try 'sudo yum install gnustep-make' i get 'No package
gnustep-make available.'
So that clearly means that i don't have enough repositories configured
for use.

So, i'd be grateful for any pointers to a list of CentOS-compatible
repositories that i can put in the yum configuration (/etc/yum.repos.d or
elsewhere).  (Maybe this is a FAQ, or an RTFM --- i'd appreciate any
steering here!)

dan