[CentOS] DL380g8 - smart array B320i - CentOS 6.4

Mon Jul 1 18:39:24 UTC 2013
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 7/1/2013 11:30 AM, Nathan Duehr wrote:
> The significant problem we ran into was someone at an upstream vendor orders HP stuff via individual part numbers in a specific configuration for us, so we get a server, some disks, whatever... and assemble them on-site.  They didn't know (bad vendor, no donut) about the change or spaced it... and didn't send licenses... so you're sitting there with disks in a new server, all ready to load the OS as usual... and the OS can't find any disks.

that sounds like a VAR problem.  if I'm buying from a VAR, I expect the
system to arrive as ordered and configured.

As we buy direct from HP (big corp), I *ALWAYS* go through the entire
'quickspec' page on any HP gear, carefully studying the options and
SKU's, any such licenses should be clear there.    For example, I
*always* get the full ILO license.