[CentOS] DL380g8 - smart array B320i - CentOS 6.4

Mon Jul 1 20:38:25 UTC 2013
Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>

Am 01.07.2013 um 22:30 schrieb Nathan Duehr <denverpilot at me.com>:

> On Jul 1, 2013, at 12:43 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>

>> Am 01.07.2013 20:30, schrieb Nathan Duehr:
>>> The significant problem we ran into was someone at an upstream vendor orders HP stuff via
>>> individual part numbers in a specific configuration for us, so we get a server, some disks,
>>> whatever... and assemble them on-site.  They didn't know (bad vendor, no donut) about the
>>> change or spaced it... and didn't send licenses... so you're sitting there with disks in a
>>> new server, all ready to load the OS as usual... and the OS can't find any disks
>>
>> *you* are resposible to hire a *qualified* and *certified* HP partner and not the
>> cheapest idiot company you are able to find
>
> I'd love to tell you who it is, but I'm not at liberty to say.  Suffice it to say, everyone on this list knows their name, and they're not exactly a small VAR.  Your assumptions are unfounded.

I may have missed it, but did you say why you ordered a 320-type controller?
The i420 is what you need. They are great (unless you want JBOD, then they suck).

It's true: DL360/380 is nothing special. But nowadays, they have so much performance, they solve maybe 90% of what you need in a datacenter….

Sorry to bring your rant back on topic ;-)