[CentOS] what's wrong with dag.wieers?

Wed Jul 3 12:34:41 UTC 2013
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Tue, July 2, 2013 17:34, John Hinton wrote:

> I very much liked the rpmforge repo for many years. However, clamav
> was one that I wasn't so happy with from them. It seems the
> username would switch back and forth from clam to clamav to clam
> to clamav and I would have a non-working version which I didn't
> always know about. (log file wrong user permission problems)

Ditto here, and for the same reasons.

> I switched the clamav install to epel and have had flawless success
> with their packaging. It's easy to do excludes for various repos so
> that you don't get conflicting installations.
>
> Rpmforge and Daz have done great work and I'm not meaning for this to
> sound negative. It was just this one package. Maybe it was two
> packagers switching the username depending on who did the update?
> I don't know.

This was our experience as well; changing userids between clam and
clamav between updates caused us a lot of avoidable headaches.  We
switched to epel for clamav because of that one issue.  Otherwise we
have been very pleased with rpmforge.  It will prove a great loss if
there is a serious possibility that this resource might fade away.

Canada  L8E 3C3