[CentOS] odd inconsistency with nfs

Thu Jul 4 06:05:30 UTC 2013
James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com>

> If anyone has ideas and/or needs more info, please let me know.

Step 1 in debugging and troubleshooting... Use the KISS principle.

Right now in that you have NIS, NFS, CentOS server and Solaris client
(version? Given the red hat 7.3 instance you had would a safe assumption be
not 11 or even 10?)

Cut this down to work out which cog in the wheel is broken as there are
just too many variables...

Can you mount the NFS share locally to another directory on the NFS server?
If that works can you mount it with a CentOS 6.4 client on another system?

It's been a while since I had to deal with NFS but I see you have symlinks
in exports... I thought at least under 3 that was definitely not supported
and you should use bind mounts...

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/1995/05/28/0000.html

Start there and see how you go...