[CentOS] SpamAssassin under CentOS-6.4

Sat Jul 13 10:44:23 UTC 2013
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at alice.it>

Frank Cox wrote:

>> I wonder if anyone is actually running SpamAssassin
>> with Postfix/Amavisd-new under CentOS-6.4 .
>> I have followed the instructions in
>> <http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Amavisd>
>> but as far as I can see SpamAssassin is not working.
>
> I run spamassassin and postfix on my mailserver, but don't run amavisd.

Thanks for your response.
If I can't get SpamAssassin working with amavisd I'll do that.
But I assume someone must have it working
since it is referred to in the CentOS wiki.centos.org
in various Howto's.

> spamassassin adds a header to incoming email that looks something like
> this:

> RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED,RP_MATCHES_RCVD,USER_IN_WHITELIST autolearn=ham
> version=3.3.1

Yes, I realise that, and SpamAssassin on my system works fine
if run with sample email
	spamassassin -D < spammail > spammail.out
But as far as I can see, amavisd is not starting spamd running.

> You can then configure your mail client to trash or sort email based on
> the presence or absence of the [SPAM] tag in the subject line.

Unfortunately, as I said, SA does not appear to be processing any email.
Amavisd is setup to send any spam to ~/quarantine/
but sadly this directory remains empty.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net