[CentOS] Replication with centos 6.4

Mon Jul 15 01:06:30 UTC 2013
Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca>

On 14/07/13 20:33, Sergio Alex wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to create a real-time replication of a partition between two servers
> with centos 6.4, I am researching and finding difficulty with drbd, corosync,
> someone indicate material, do not need to run script automatically if a node
> drops only replicate.
> Grateful.

What problem are you having with DRBD? I use DRBD on CentOS 6 with
corosync + cman + rgmanager. If you need simple fail-over, it's easy. If
you want concurrent access from both nodes, you'll need a cluster-aware
filesystem like GFS2.

The only real trick is to be sure you use fencing. This prevents both
nodes from trying to use the storage when they think the other node is
dead (a condition called a "split-brain").

I have a tutorial that covers all of this. It's designed for running VMs
on DRBD, but you can ignore the VM part;

https://alteeve.ca/w/2-Node_Red_Hat_KVM_Cluster_Tutorial

digimer

--
Digimer