[CentOS] How to get Centos to recognize a Motorola RAZR V3 as a USB device?

Tue Jul 16 12:25:00 UTC 2013
Rock <Rocksockdoc at gmail.com>

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 08:05:52 -0400, Phil Gardner wrote:

> many of the recent android phones are using MTP as opposed to
> USB mass storage

MTPfs is problematic on Centos, so I don't think that will work.

Even so, this RAZR V3re was built sometime around 2004 or 2005, so,
I doubt it's using anything new'ish...
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_Razr#V3re

Never having used bluetooth to *transfer* files (I use bluetooth
all the time to speak on a speakerphone or earpiece), I found the
Motorola RAZR V3re manual here:
 https://www.motorola.com/moto_care/manuals/V3_VE_Series/V3_06_UG.pdf

I then futzed around with the Centos bluetooth, which "seems" to be working
fine but which is not exactly working. I say that because I was able
to attempt a connection from Centos to the RAZR V3re flip phone, where
Centos generated a 6-digit password which the phone subsequently verified,
but then, nothing happened. I'm not sure *how* to transfer via bluetooth!
 http://i44.tinypic.com/swu23q.jpg

I suppose the bluetooth transfer should work, but I'm surprised that
the Centos Bluetooth setup didn't clue me in as to what to do next.

I wonder if my Centos bluetooth is working (I know the Motorola V3re RAZR
bluetooth works to the speakerphone in the car).