[CentOS] How to get Centos to recognize a Motorola RAZR V3 as a USB device?

Wed Jul 17 05:33:56 UTC 2013
Rock <Rocksockdoc at gmail.com>

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 08:36:48 -0700, John Doe wrote:

> I did not follow the whole thread but, the doc seems to talk about
> a "mass storage" mode...
> https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/88616
> It does not work without special drivers?

I'm still failing to access the pictures on the Motorola RAZR V3re.
The problem with that reference:
 https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/88616
is that its for Android phones.

So, it was my mistake to list it, since absolutely nothing in that URL
turned out to work, or, even be applicable.

At the moment, sadly, there is no way to read camera files off a Motorola
RAZR V3 on Centos.  Folks tried on the Centos forum (i.e., centos.org) and
failed. Here's a quote from that forum posted today:

[quote]
I tried moto4lin from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/moto4lin/files/moto4lin/moto4lin-0.3/
However, that didn't build, saying the Centos 6 qt stuff was too old.
If it were me, I think I'd just make a VM of something more modern,
and use that. You could install Lubuntu in about 15 minutes, and it
would probably work out of the box.[/quote]