[CentOS] LSI MegaRAID experience...

Fri Jul 19 12:28:51 UTC 2013
Drew Weaver <drew.weaver at thenap.com>

If these drives do not have TLER do not use them with LSI controllers.

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of John Doe
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2013 5:13 AM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] LSI MegaRAID experience...

The thing that bothers me is that the ctrl sees all the drives at first, later

does not see some anymore, and he just "forgets" about them like they never existed.
I would have expected to still see them but in a failed state...
Here, megacli just lists info for the remaining drive(s).
So I miss all the "post mortem" info like the SMART status or the error counts if they had any...
Am I missing an option to add to megacli to show the failed ones too maybe?
Having used HP raid ctrls, I am used to see all drives, even failed ones.

Anyway, I"ll have to check the drives, backplane and cabling...

Thx for all the answers,
JD