[CentOS] 答复: CentOS 6.4 doesn't work with SAMSUNG MP0402H USB harddisk, but CentOS 5.6 does

Tue Jul 23 03:39:58 UTC 2013
Jiang Wen Dong <wendong.jiang at td-tech.com>

I'm using Fbinst and grub4dos.
Copy initrd0.img/osmin.img/vmlinuz0/squashfs.img to \liveos directory, and load by grldr.
It appears kernel can not drive SAMSUNG MP0402H USB device, so it can not mount root.

I can not find any information about SAMSUNG MP0402H by rdshell:
ls /device/disk/by-*
cat /proc/scsi/scsi

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] 代表 Scott Robbins
发送时间: 2013年7月23日,星期二 11:32
收件人: CentOS mailing list
主题: Re: [CentOS] CentOS 6.4 doesn't work with SAMSUNG MP0402H USB harddisk, but CentOS 5.6 does

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 03:19:02AM +0000, Jiang Wen Dong wrote:
> I want to make a live USB from live CD.
> CentOS 6.4 live CD doesn't work. Can not find root when initrd0 booting. It appears initrd0 can not find the USB harddisk - SAMSUNG MP0402H.
> But CentOS 5.6 live CD works fine.
> What can I do?

How did you try to do it.  I've found that livecd-iso-to-disk has worked
pretty well for me.   (Provided by the livecd-tools packge.)

Actually, in most cases, even doing dd if=<your.iso> of=/dev/<your_usb_device> shoudl also work.  (I haven't used that in awhile though.)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6