[CentOS] What on Centos is wiping out my eth0 IP address every 5 minutes?

Tue Jul 23 23:10:44 UTC 2013
Rock <Rocksockdoc at gmail.com>

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 16:02:18 -0700, John R Pierce wrote:

> service NetworkManager status will undoubtedly say its running

Hi John,
It doesn't even have to be queried as root; it *does* say it's running:
$ service NetworkManager status
=> NetworkManager (pid  2455) is running...

> so, set the above line to ="no" and you can manually configure that port.

Am I correct in "assuming" the file to change is this one?
 /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0

And not this one?
 /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/ifcfg-eth0

> or, use the Network Manager GUI to configure it.

I didn't want to complicate things, but whenever I use the GUI from right
clicking on the four bars, the same thing happens (eth0 disconnects after
a few minutes):
 http://i43.tinypic.com/11h7ynk.png