[CentOS] Kernel 2.6.32-358.14.1.el6 boot fail

Fri Jul 26 16:55:19 UTC 2013
Kwan Lowe <kwan.lowe at gmail.com>

Hello All:

I installed 2.6.32-358.14.1.el6.centos.plus.x86_64 today and had some
boot issues.

After rebooting, the system locked immediately after the Asus
motherboard logo. I thought at first that it was a hardware issue
because it didn't appear that grub even loaded. I wasn't even able to
get into the BIOS to change the boot order so it appeared that it was
a hardware issue. I reset the MB BIOS and rebooted, which allowed me
to get into the BIOS. Everything looked normal. I then tried to boot
and the same issue.  I repeated the BIOS clear and this time got to
grub and let it load the latest kernel (2.6.32-358.14.1.el6). It hung
again. I repeated the BIOS clear, go to the grub screen, selected the
previous kernel and everything was fine.

Once I got to the OS, I removed the "rhgb quiet" from grub.conf from
the newest kernel. Rebooted. Hung again immediately after loading. The
weird thing is that I couldn't just power down and get back to grub; I
had to clear the BIOS again before I could even load grub to select
the previous kernel.

Anyone else experiencing issues with the latest kernel?  Any idea why
it seems to even corrupt the BIOS?