[CentOS] How to add usb driver to CentOS 6.4 LiveCD?

Sat Jul 27 11:08:19 UTC 2013
Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com>

On 07/27/2013 10:46 PM, James Freer wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 3:51 AM, Jiang Wen Dong
> <wendong.jiang at td-tech.com> wrote:
>> I have 3 USB disk, 2 of them can not boot, because kernel does not have driver included.
>>
>> But I can boot this 2 disk from CentOS 5.6 LiveCD.
>>
>> How to add usb driver to CentOS 6.4 LiveCD?
>>
>> I need a simple way.
>>
>> Thanks.
> "because kernel does not have driver included"
> Is this in fact the case? I have two machines less than three year old
> which DO NOT boot off the usb drive for some odd reason.
>
> Like yourself I have gone over to usb flash drive for installing new
> linux releases. The solution I have found is to install PLoP which can
> be put on a CD or 3.5 floppy. I am just in the process having had two
> CD/DVD 'die' recently to putting my last DVD drive in a remote drive
> case and putting 3.5 floppy drives (off which I've got four) in each
> machine for booting purposes.
You've got to be kidding, 3.5 floppies?? I cannot remember the last time
I even held one - must be 5+ years ago - and no machine I've built in
the last 7 years even has a 3.5 drive installed.
CD-ROM / DVD just work fine (ATA) SATA has on occasion been a bit hit
and miss, although not in recent years. As you say - usb flash sticks
are so much more convenient, although they used to be a challenge to
format and get a boot-able system installed.