[CentOS] Tomboy on F12 to Gnote on Centos

Sun Jul 28 00:59:50 UTC 2013
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <centos at plnet.rs>

On 07/27/2013 09:15 PM, Steve Blackwell wrote:
> I'm trying to convert my Tomboy notes from an old F12 system to Gnote
> on this CentOS 6 system.
>
> What I have found buy googling so far:
> - Tomboy notes used to be stored in $HOME/.tomboy
> - Some Tomboy upgrade moved them to $HOME/.local/share/.tomboy
> - Gnote stores its notes in $HOME/.local/share/gnote
> - Gnote has a Tomboy note converter add-in
>
> My Tomboy notes are in /home/steve/.tomboy so I had the old Tomboy
> system.
> I have the Tomboy add-in installed in Gnote
>
> I have tried copying my notes from $HOME/.tomboy to
> $HOME/.local/share/gnote and I have also tried copying them to
> $HOME/.local/share/tomboy but in either case I don't see them in gnote.
>
> Do I have a directory name wrong or is there some action needed to
> start the conversion?

I am not sure about Gnote. I have rebuilt Tomboy 1.2.2-1 (no GPG) in my
public repo
(http://rpms.plnet.rs/plnet-centos6-x86_64/RPMS.plnet-compiled/) and it
informed me that he moved all my notes to new location (if I remember
corectly).

I use that Tomboy version every day and enjoy in Sync option via Local
folder (NFS) and SSH.

--
Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)