[CentOS] Tomboy on F12 to Gnote on Centos

Sun Jul 28 21:47:59 UTC 2013
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <centos at plnet.rs>

On 07/28/2013 04:52 PM, Steve Blackwell wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jul 2013 02:59:50 +0200
> Ljubomir Ljubojevic <centos at plnet.rs> wrote:
>
>> On 07/27/2013 09:15 PM, Steve Blackwell wrote:
>>> I'm trying to convert my Tomboy notes from an old F12 system to
>>> Gnote on this CentOS 6 system.
>>>
>>> What I have found buy googling so far:
>>> - Tomboy notes used to be stored in $HOME/.tomboy
>>> - Some Tomboy upgrade moved them to $HOME/.local/share/.tomboy
>>> - Gnote stores its notes in $HOME/.local/share/gnote
>>> - Gnote has a Tomboy note converter add-in
>>>
>>> My Tomboy notes are in /home/steve/.tomboy so I had the old Tomboy
>>> system.
>>> I have the Tomboy add-in installed in Gnote
>>>
>>> I have tried copying my notes from $HOME/.tomboy to
>>> $HOME/.local/share/gnote and I have also tried copying them to
>>> $HOME/.local/share/tomboy but in either case I don't see them in
>>> gnote.
>>>
>>> Do I have a directory name wrong or is there some action needed to
>>> start the conversion?
>>
>> I am not sure about Gnote. I have rebuilt Tomboy 1.2.2-1 (no GPG) in
>> my public repo
>> (http://rpms.plnet.rs/plnet-centos6-x86_64/RPMS.plnet-compiled/) and
>> it informed me that he moved all my notes to new location (if I
>> remember corectly).
>>
>> I use that Tomboy version every day and enjoy in Sync option via
>> Local folder (NFS) and SSH.
>>
> I got the impression that Tomboy was obsolete and not supported and
> that Gnote was its new shiny replacement so I was trying to avoid
> Tomboy but perhaps I will have to go back to using it.

I would like to know how GNote can replace Tomboy when it does not
support synchronization of multiple computers.

At least version 0.6.3 used in CentOS 7 does not support it. Only
version 3.7.2 from January 2013 added support for Synchronization, so I
will be moving to GNote only when I move (all?) computers/servers to
CentOS 7.

--
Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)