[CentOS] surveillance DVR

Wed Jul 31 20:42:55 UTC 2013
Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 at yahoo.com>

James Pifer wrote:
> mark wrote:
>> Ok, I *must* not have made clear what I was asking for. Let me try one
>> more time....
>>
>> We want an appliance, such as
>> <http://www.zmodo.com/4ch-h-264-full-d1-dvr-500gb-hdd-with-4-cmos-480tvl-ir-outdoor-security-cameras-with-11-leds.html>,
>> that we can put on our network, and manage, and d/l videos for long-term
>> storage, onto a server. We have exactly, um, two? boxes running Windows,
>> and we normally do *nothing* with them. We've over 100 servers running
>> Linux, and that's where we live.
<snip>
>> NOTHING RUNNING WINDOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Not knowing if / how much you're willing to spend, take a look at a
> Synology NAS, which has Surveillance Station. You get one camera license
> with each one and then you have to buy additional camera licenses for
> about $55 each.
>
> Of course you'd be getting a lot more than just a surveillance DVR, so
> may or may not fit your needs. They are great devices.

You mentioned ZoneMaster, and how it wouldn't work for you.
What does it lack?   I've recently been using it, and it seems to work quite well.
... just curious..

If life gives you lemons, keep them-- because hey.. free lemons.
"♥ Sticker" fixer:  http://microflush.org/stuff/stickers/heartFix.html