[CentOS] Firefox - remote xul manager gone after Centos update

Fri Jun 21 07:32:44 UTC 2013
Johan Vermeulen <jvermeulen at cawdekempen.be>

Op 21-06-13 02:13, lists-centos schreef:

>> Subject: [CentOS] Firefox - remote xul manager gone after Centos
> update
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I am faced with this problem:
>>
>> Firefox version is 17.0.6 before and after the update
>>
>> I ran an update today;
>>
>> bash-4.1# yum history
>> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
>> ID     | Login user               | Date and time    | Action(s)
>> |  Altered
>> -------------     296 | james <james>            | 2013-06-20
>> 21:08 | E, I, U
>> |   42
>>
>> I'm not sure which packet could have caused this, but before the
>> update,  I could go to
>>
>> Extra-webdeveloper-remote xul manager
>>
>> in Firefox and add domains
>>
>> Now remote xul manager is gone in webdeveloper.
>>
>> Can anyone offer any advise on this problem?
>>
>> greetings, J.
> Based on:
>
>    <https://kb.bluecoat.com/index?page=content&id=KB5025&actp=RSS>
>
> and other similar postings, it appears that the Remote XUL manager
> was removed from firefox some time ago (ff4). I suspect that what
> you have had of late was an addon, which might have been
> automatically disabled by your firefox instance, likely due to an
> incompatibility, with the recent centos ff update to 17.0.6. I don't
> use it so didn't try, but suspect that you can go to your addons
> panel and update it to get it working again. Searching available
> addons turns up "Remote XUL Manager 1.2".
>

>      - Richard

Hello Richard,

thanks for the reply.

Indeed, what I have is an add-on, remote xul manager 1.2.

But as I mentioned, Firefox itself did not update.
Something else broke xul manager.

Removing and reinstalling it does not help.
Removing and reinstalling Firefox does not help.

Greetings, J.