[CentOS] Frustrated. Java on Centos 6 doesn't give an error message when downloading from a Samsung Galaxy S3

Anthony K akcentos at anroet.com
Sat Jun 1 13:30:04 UTC 2013

On 01/06/13 15:01, Rock wrote:
> On Fri, 31 May 2013 20:50:00 +0000, Rock wrote:

>> 3. You apparently *must* unlock your phone before connecting
>> it to the Centos PC; and if you connect without unlocking, you
>> may have to start all over with a Centos PC reboot (why this is
>> the case is beyond me but don't fight it; just reboot and
>> remember to unlock the phone before connecting it to the PC).

I think you can avoid rebooting the PC.  What you'll need to do is
before you plug in your locked S3, run the 'lsmod' command and save the
output to 'file-without-s3.'  Then plug the S3 into the PC and again
save the output of 'lsmod' to 'file-with-locked-s3.'  Now compare the 2
files and note the differences.  If say you find that when the locked S3
was mounted a new module with the name 'new_module' was loaded, then
instead of rebooting the PC, you can simply run the command 'modprobe -r
new_module.'

In summary:
1. sudo lsmod > file-without-s3
2. ensure S3 is locked then connect to PC
3. sudo lsmod > file-with-locked-s3
4. sdiff-s file-with-s3 file-with-locked-s3| egrep '>'
5. take note of what new modules are loaded by looking to the right of
the '>' sign
6. disconnect the S3
7. for each new module noted in step 5 above, do
    sudo modprobe -r module_name
8. unlock the S3 and mount it again

The phone should mount successfully!   If not, then I'd really like to
know what else the locked S3 does to the PC that requires a reboot to fix!

Cheers,
ak.