[CentOS] Where has system-config-sound gone?

Ken Smith

kens at kensnet.org
Sat Jun 1 16:18:17 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Just installed 6.4 on a system that might become a Myth Backend. Where's
the normal sound icon gone that usually appears in Gnome? I can see the
intel sound card driver is loaded. Which bits of alsa should be there?
This is what I've got:-

rpm -qa | grep alsa

alsamixergui-0.9.0-0.9.rc2.el6.x86_64
alsa-utils-1.0.22-5.el6.x86_64
alsa-lib-1.0.22-3.el6.x86_64

Under System | Preferences  Selecting the "Sound" icon gives a dialog
box that says "Waiting for Sound System to respond" and the sound system
never does respond.

I bet I've got a zoo of stuff missing....

Any pointers most welcome

Thanks

Ken

believed to be clean.