[CentOS] Frustrated. Java on Centos 6 doesn't give an error message when downloading from a Samsung Galaxy S3

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sat Jun 1 19:22:03 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 01, 2013 at 09:06:54PM +0200, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> On 06/01/2013 08:56 PM, Scott Robbins wrote:
> > I didn't keep the email from Ljubomir, so for those of you threading the
> > list on mutt, this will mess up the headers--please accept my apologies.
> >

> > I don't know why I never looked for mtpfs to compile on CentOS--after the
> > link Ljubomir gave, I just downloaded it and compilation was trivial.   I
> > think I was always looking for simple-mtpfs, but honestly, I don't
> > remember.  Maybe I just never thought of it.
> >
> > So, many thanks to all who have kept this thread alive as I've been taking
> > the easy way out and just using a more modern system.
> >

> Please provide link to rpm for Rock. Thanks.

Firstly, MANY thanks--your link was the thing that fixed it for me.

It wasn't an rpm, I just used the link that you gave

http://marcofalchi.blogspot.com/2012/02/android-ics-usb-storage-on-fedora-16.html,
downloaded the tarball from the link on the page, ran .configure && make &&
sudo make install.

As for libmtp, rpm -qi shows that I'm using the standard CentOS one.

Note that it was (for me) rough around the edges, I didn't worry about
permissions, had to run mtp-detect a couple of times, but it did work.  My
needs are really simple though, copying a DRM ebook back and forth, or
possible a short video snippet I made to show a friend, custom Ringtones
and the like.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6