[CentOS] Frustrated. Java on Centos 6 doesn't give an error message when downloading from a Samsung Galaxy S3

Rock Rocksockdoc at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 02:57:20 UTC 2013

On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 20:49:52 -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:

> Still, as of today, I'm way ahead of where I was before reading your post.
>
> Rock, I can almost certainly make an x86_64 rpm for you, but it would
> probably require that later libmtp which might cause its own issues.

Hi Scott (and thank you Ljubomir),

I too am way ahead now, compared to the day the thread was posted.
Actually, for 'me', the workaround works great (using PTP).
And, for you, it's also working (using your compiled mtpfs).

As you correctly surmised, I would want VLC to work; so at this
time, I have no desire for the latest libmtp. So there's nothing
more for you to do for me at this point in time.

Any efforts moving forward should be for the general community,
and not specifically for us, at this point in time.

Thanks everyone for your help - and I hope someone with a Redhat
subscription takes Ljubomir's advice of filing a bug report against
MTP so that the proper solution is in place for the future.

You guys are all so wonderful!