[CentOS] Samba4 and NVSv4

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Wed Jun 5 23:01:28 UTC 2013

On Wed, 5 Jun 2013, Justin Edmands wrote:

> What is in your nsswitch.conf? I only ask because you mention it never goes
> to the nfs server on the same client.

Essentially:

passwd:     files sss
shadow:     files sss
group:      files sss

The setup without kerberized NFSv4 is fine, since everything appears to be
working (and I have over 200 hundred systems with this configuration). The
client mount failure with sec=krb5 only talks to the DC, and it decides
that there is no service prinicpal (there is!), and so never bothers to go
to the NFSv4 server.

> Can you confirm that the rpc.svcgssd and rpc.gssd are not crashing after
> starting?

Yes.

-Steve