[CentOS] evince file could not be saved

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Mon Jun 10 18:50:12 UTC 2013

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> Michael Hennebry wrote:

>>> And I trust the filesystem isn't full? Or is selinux enforcing?
>>
>> The filesystem is not full the workaround works.
>> selinux is set for enforcing.
>> [hennebry at 96-18-56-186 t2]$ ls -Zd /tmp
>> drwxrwxrwt. root root system_u:object_r:tmp_t:s0       /tmp
>>
>> I had no trouble making the absent directory.
>
> Ahhhh... were there any selinux AVCs from when you tried to save before?

I have not rebooted since the last evince problem,
so the selinux initialized message from dmesg in another post should be
from the most recent boot and before the evince message.
No AVCs.

> Also, do you have any idea why it was trying to save it in a non-existent
> directory?

Just that it appears to be intended as a temporay location.
The one I made is empty.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily